- Waves as high as a two-storey building and 5,000km to row: Rosie and Angela’s 61-day journey across the Atlanticon March 25, 2023 at 12:29 am
Rosie Arnel and Angela Lawrence, who had never rowed on open water and live hours from the coast, become the first Australian women’s pair to complete the Atlantic Rowing Challenge.
- Gabba blacks out on same day Queensland government says critics should ‘stop whinging’ about upgrade coston March 24, 2023 at 11:34 pm
The upgrade to the Gabba ahead of the 2032 Olympic Games cannot come soon enough after the lights went out during the AFL clash between the Lions and Demons.
- Healy’s Warriorz ousted in WPL eliminator, missing out on distinctly Aussie final against Lanning’s Capitalson March 24, 2023 at 9:10 pm
The only team in the Women’s Premier League not to field an Australian player is through to the final against the Delhi Capitals.
- They were told to be ‘poised and graceful’ on court, but now Filipino women are going their own wayon March 24, 2023 at 9:05 pm
Basketball is considered a religion in the Philippines, but the women’s game has struggled to be seen. From being told to wear makeup and tight uniforms, players are finally making inroads.
- Sprint races, Aussie’s new team and a 25-year curse: MotoGP returns for 2023on March 24, 2023 at 8:21 pm
Jack Miller is Australia’s only representative in MotoGP for 2023 — and he will suit up in new team colours as he looks to add to his four Grand Prix wins. Here’s all you need to know ahead of the new MotoGP season.
- The first battle of Brisbane is over but the fight between the Dolphins and Broncos has changed a cityon March 24, 2023 at 8:08 pm
The Broncos might have got the cash in the first battle of Brisbane but their clashes with the Dolphins will ensure the city will never be the same.
- Socceroos celebrate long-awaited homecoming with victory in Ecuador friendlyon March 24, 2023 at 8:20 am
Playing on home soil for the first time since their World Cup heroics, the Socceroos score a 3-1 triumph over Ecuador at Western Sydney Stadium.
- Lions hold on to beat Dees after Gabba blackout stops playon March 24, 2023 at 8:20 am
The Brisbane Lions survive a bizarre Gabba black out and an unexpected late Melbourne fight back to post their first win of the 2023 AFL season.
- Broncos claim bragging rights over Dolphins in enthralling Brisbane derbyon March 24, 2023 at 6:40 am
In front of a massive crowd at Lang Park, the Broncos come out on top of the Dolphins, icing an 18-12 victory in the first clash between the two sides. Earlier, the Storm returned to the winners’ circle after defeating Wests Tigers 24-12.
- Canberra United keeps A-League Women finals hopes alive after winning appealon March 24, 2023 at 5:54 am
The club was deducted three points for an illegal substitution last month, but Football Australia has found in its favour after an appeal.
- Kalyn Ponga to undergo testing in Canada before return from concussion will be discussedon March 24, 2023 at 12:56 am
The Newcastle Knights’ chief medical officer will travel with their star player to North America, where he will undergo testing using a device measuring brain activity that is not yet available in Australia.
- ‘It’s amazing what the body can do’: Carlton star kicks off Ramadan by dominating AFL premierson March 23, 2023 at 10:50 pm
After racking up a game-high 29 disposals in Carlton’s win over Geelong, Adam Saad says Ramadan forces him to focus more on preparation and small, but vital, details in his game.
- Family, friends over the moon after country footy star’s Melbourne debuton March 23, 2023 at 10:39 pm
With huge names due to return for the Melbourne Demons’ round two clash with Brisbane, many predicted debutante Judd McVee would be lucky to hold his spot — but his family never doubted it.
- North Melbourne says Tarryn Thomas won’t be selected amid behaviour allegationson March 23, 2023 at 10:30 pm
North Melbourne says midfielder Tarryn Thomas will not be available for selection at any level after the club found he had not made progress in a respectful-behaviour training program.
- World Athletics restricts rules around transgender women in female competitionson March 23, 2023 at 9:08 pm
World Athletics bans transgender women from competing in elite female competitions if they have gone through male puberty, while also tightening rules around athletes with differences in sexual development.
- NRLW player Corban Baxter on going from a ‘plastic Māori’ to leader of the packon March 23, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Sydney Roosters back Corban Baxter felt like an impostor when she first joined the NRLW Māori All Stars — but it’s helped her learn more about her culture and take pride in her heritage.
- Moses leads Eels to thrilling victory with golden-point field goal against Pantherson March 23, 2023 at 8:39 am
On the same day he extended his Parramatta contract, Mitchell Moses guides the Eels to their first win of the season after coolly landing a field goal in extra time to defeat Penrith 17-16 in the grand final rematch.
- Blues hang on in thriller, Cats go 0-2 to start premiership defenceon March 23, 2023 at 7:25 am
Carlton withstand a last-quarter Geelong fightback to post a memorable eight-point win at the MCG, launching the Blues season and leaving the Cats winless after two games.
- AIS joins quest to uncover the secrets of top esports athleteson March 23, 2023 at 3:43 am
The Australian Institute of Sport has commissioned a study to find out what makes a good gamer as esports becomes a contender for Commonwealth Games inclusion.
- Why Tonga is the secret weapon behind the NRL’s most incredible riseon March 23, 2023 at 3:02 am
The Dolphins are taking the NRL by storm in their inaugural season and a hidden Tongan connection is helping to lead the way.
- Ellie Carpenter and Holly McNamara return to Matildas for April friendlieson March 23, 2023 at 3:01 am
Having both recovered from ACL tears over the past year, the Lyon and Melbourne City players are back in the squad as Australia’s World Cup preparations continue.
- Sheffield Shield final live: Victoria looking for revenge against WA in Perthon March 23, 2023 at 1:13 am
Western Australia and Victoria face off in the final of the Sheffield Shield for the second straight season. Check out the live scores and stats in our ScoreCentre.
- Sam Kerr wins duel with Ellie Carpenter as Chelsea edge Lyon in Champions League quarterfinal first legon March 22, 2023 at 10:51 pm
Chelsea will take a 1-0 lead to Stamford Bridge for the second leg of their Champions League quarterfinal against French trophy holders Lyon.
- The past and the future of the Dolphins and Broncos to collide in the NRL’s first Battle of Brisbaneon March 22, 2023 at 10:01 pm
Ahead of the NRL’s first Battle of Brisbane, the Broncos are fighting hard to find something they lost while the Dolphins are holding tight to something they’ve found.
- What Sheezel and Ashcroft’s first games can tell us about their future stardomon March 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Will Ashcroft’s Lions debut was one of the most highly-anticipated in years, but North’s Harry Sheezel stole the show in round one — how do these young guns’ debuts stack up against the greats?