- NFL, NFLPA flag likely concussion protocol changes after Miami QB Tagovailoa’s two head knocks in four dayson October 2, 2022 at 3:00 am
The NFL has another concussion controversy on its hands, with concerns over the handling of Miami quarterback Tua Tagovailoa’s head knock before his removal on a stretcher from his next game.
- Victoria’s work safety watchdog investigating Hawthorn allegationson October 1, 2022 at 11:52 pm
Victoria’s workplace safety watchdog launches an investigation into allegations of discrimination at the Hawthorn Football Club.
- LeClerc takes pole in Singapore’s F1 grand prix as Verstappen’s qualifying ends badlyon October 1, 2022 at 10:22 pm
Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc takes pole position for the Singapore Grand Prix after Max Verstappen’s team aborts his lap with just seconds left in qualifying.
- Macarthur FC wins Australia Cup to end Sydney United 58 fairy taleon October 1, 2022 at 12:56 pm
Guided by former Manchester United star Dwight Yorke, Macarthur FC wins its first piece of silverware, beating Sydney United 58 with a dominant 2-0 victory.
- Hawks president criticises First Nations players for speaking to ABCon October 1, 2022 at 12:20 pm
Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett tells members at the Hawks’ best and fairest awards night it was “unfair” for the three First Nations players to speak to ABC journalists.
- ‘You can’t script it any better’: Lauren Jackson delivers one last time in her Opals farewellon October 1, 2022 at 10:06 am
Lauren Jackson gave fans a final reminder of her greatness as she helped the Opals secure the bronze medal at the FIBA Women’s World Cup in Sydney, writes Hayley Wilde.
- Pies snatch thrilling win over Saints with late goal, Cats pip Bulldogs by one pointon October 1, 2022 at 6:39 am
Collingwood and Geelong enjoy single-digit victories over St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs, while Richmond makes it four wins in a row and GWS rebounds from a record defeat to defeat Carlton by 17 points.
- Judge, jury, executioner — the AFL’s iron grip authority is being challengedon October 1, 2022 at 6:01 am
External pressure is rising on the AFL after the abuse allegations levelled against Hawthorn, writes Tracey Holmes, with the Federal Government watching developments closely.
- Lauren Jackson goes out on a high as Opals claim World Cup bronze, USA defends titleon October 1, 2022 at 4:49 am
Lauren Jackson produces one last vintage performance for the Opals to lead Australia to victory over Canada in the bronze medal game at the FIBA Women’s World Cup, while the USA wins gold.
- ‘They only ever wanted the best for me’: Hodge throws support behind Hawthorn coacheson October 1, 2022 at 1:40 am
Three-time Hawks premiership skipper Luke Hodge backs his former Hawthorn coaches, as the AFL investigates allegations of racism.
- Heartbreak for the Opals, but there’s no time to dwell with bronze on the lineon September 30, 2022 at 9:13 pm
The Opals dream of a gold on home soil may be over, but the bronze medal is still up for grabs, writes Hayley Wildes.
- How a little girl who grew up idolising Sachin Tendulkar became Australia’s latest legspin Kingon September 30, 2022 at 7:35 pm
Alana King spent her formative years watching the Little Master take apart bowling attacks. But once she saw the great Shane Warne, the mystical art of legspin became her calling.
- Opals fall short in dramatic World Cup semifinalon September 30, 2022 at 11:18 am
Australia will play Canada for the bronze medal after falling to a desperately tight defeat against China.
- How Mitch Kenny went from cutting grass to cutting down defenders as Penrith’s unlikely dummy half heroon September 30, 2022 at 10:58 am
There was a time when Mitch Kenny knew as much about playing hooker as he did cutting grass. Now he’s odds-on to star the NRL grand final as Penrith’s dummy half.
- Adelaide thrash Port in first AFLW Showdownon September 30, 2022 at 10:46 am
Jess Randall scored three goals as Adelaide earned a 60-point victory over Port Adelaide in the first AFLW Showdown. Earlier, Hawthorn edged a battling West Coast side by just three points.
- Plenty of mud and good times as 50th Koori Knockout goes ahead despite rainon September 30, 2022 at 8:38 am
More than 100 teams and 40,000 spectators are expected to turn up over four days after a two-year hiatus for the rugby league tournament.
- Kuol signs for Newcastle United — but won’t be joining them just yeton September 30, 2022 at 8:09 am
Central Coast’s 18-year-old attacker Garang Kuol says it is “unreal” to have signed for English Premier League giants Newcastle United.
- How Max Verstappen can win the F1 world championship in Singaporeon September 30, 2022 at 7:50 am
Despite his almost unassailable lead with six races left, the Dutchman says clinching the F1 title this weekend would be “quite a long shot”.
- Romelda Aiken-George seals switch to Swifts after being controversially cut loose by Firebirdson September 30, 2022 at 5:49 am
Romelda Aiken-George will join the NSW Swifts less than two months after giving birth, creating a spicy Super Netball rivalry after she was cut loose by the Queensland Firebirds.
- Saskia Horley returns to the WNCL after impressive Scotland debuton September 30, 2022 at 4:21 am
Over the past 12 months, Saskia Horley has made her international debut and been crowned as the Women’s NSW Premier Cricket Player of the Year. But as she returns for the NSW Breakers after a two-year hiatus, the 22-year-old is remaining focused on the smaller picture.
- ‘How are we so stupid?’: NFL concussion policies under fire after heavy hiton September 30, 2022 at 3:41 am
The NFL’s concussion policies are sure to come under heavy scrutiny after Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa appeared to suffer his second serious head injury in five days.
- After a 1,449-day wait, the Australian men’s netball team returnon September 30, 2022 at 3:05 am
They’ve waited almost four years to return to the court, but the Australian men’s netball team are ready to wear green and gold again.
- A new era begins as Adelaide and Port Adelaide prepare to battle in AFLW Showdown Oneon September 30, 2022 at 2:30 am
Friday night’s historic first AFLW Showdown is set to be one of South Australia’s most memorable events in women’s sport.
- Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett says the club was ‘horrified’ by racism allegationson September 30, 2022 at 12:50 am
Club president Jeff Kennett has written to Hawthorn members to reassure them the club will cooperate with the AFL’s investigation into historic racism allegations, but also to express disappointment that club figures were publicly named.
- Australian cycling to benefit from ‘electric’ World Championships in Wollongongon September 29, 2022 at 11:24 pm
Australian cyclists claim the UCI Road World Championships in Wollongong as a success that will help to grow the sport, despite the team failing to win a rainbow jersey.