- Island-wide curfew from 8pm tonighton May 16, 2022 at 8:06 am
The President s Media Division announced that an island-wide curfew will be imposed from 8.00 p.m. tonight (16) to 5.00 a.m. tomorrow (17), in accordance with the provisions of Section 16 of the Public Security Ordinance. MORE..
- High-Level Road blocked by protesters at Nawinnaon May 16, 2022 at 8:00 am
High-Level Road has reportedly been completely blocked for traffic at Nawinna in Maharagama due to a protest. MORE..
- Prime Minister to make special statement todayon May 16, 2022 at 7:53 am
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe is scheduled to deliver a special statement today addressing the nation. MORE..
- 10-party alliance reach agreement on supporting new govt.on May 16, 2022 at 7:47 am
During a discussion with the Prime Minister, the 10 political parties that quit the former government have assured that they would contribute to the new government s efforts through the National Council and the Parliament Oversight Committees proposed to be set up. MORE>.
- 159 suspects arrested yesterday over last week s violenceon May 16, 2022 at 6:26 am
Sri Lanka Police says that a total of 159 persons were arrested yesterday over the incidents in Galle Face and Kollupitiya and for attacking persons, causing damages to public and private property etc. across the island.
- Minister requests public not to queue up for fuel in next 3 dayson May 16, 2022 at 5:16 am
Minister of Power and Energy Kanchana Wijesekera says that adequate fuel will be available in the country with the arrival of a diesel cargo yesterday and three more vessels expected to reach Sri Lanka in the next 2 weeks under the Indian credit line. MORE..
- Rest of the cabinet to be sworn in today?on May 16, 2022 at 3:59 am
The remaining members of new Cabinet of Ministers will be sworn in today (16), according to political sources. MORE..
- Person arrested for trying to transfer 50,000 euros via Undiyal systemon May 16, 2022 at 3:38 am
A person who was attempting to transfer 50,000 Euros overseas through the Undiyal system has been arrested by the Special task Force (STF) at Pepiliyana in Boralesgamuwa. MORE..
- Prime Minister and SLFP to hold discussionon May 16, 2022 at 2:50 am
A special discussion between Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe and the Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) is scheduled to be held this morning (16). MORE…
- South-West monsoon condition gradually establishing over islandon May 16, 2022 at 2:29 am
The Department of Meteorology says that South-west monsoon condition is gradually establishing over the island. MORE..
- PM holds talks with World Bank and ADB reps, seeks funding to procure essentialson May 16, 2022 at 1:00 am
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe says the draft 21st Amendment to the Constitution will be taken up for discussion today and then be presented to Cabinet for approval. MORE..
- Landslide early warning for 6 districts extended as heavy rains prevailon May 15, 2022 at 6:17 pm
#8203;Level 3 (Red) warning is issued to Kalawana, Pelmadulla and Ratnapura divisional secretariat divisions in Ratnapura District for a period of 24 hours until 5.00 p.m. tomorrow (May 16). MORE..
- Four arrested over death of Amarakeerthi Athukoralaon May 15, 2022 at 5:35 pm
Four suspects have been arrested on charges of the murder of MP Amarakeerthi Athukorala and his security officer during the recent unrest earlier this week. MORE..
- Will support correct decisions by govt to resolve economic crisis – SLFPon May 15, 2022 at 2:03 pm
Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) says it would support all correct decisions taken by the government to resolve the current economic crisis in the country, party s chairman Maithripala Sirisena says. MORE..
- India delivers another diesel shipment to Sri Lankaon May 15, 2022 at 1:33 pm
A new shipment of diesel from India arrived in Sri Lanka today (May 15) under the credit line for fuel. MORE..
- Public assistance sought to identify suspects involved in violence at protest siteson May 15, 2022 at 12:34 pm
The police are seeking the assistance of general public to identify those who were involved in violence and attacks at the Galle Face Green and Kollupitiya on the 9th of May. MORE..
- Thirteen suspects arrested over attacks on MP residences remandedon May 15, 2022 at 12:13 pm
Thirteen suspects who were arrested in connection with the attacks on the residences of MPs S.M. Chandrasena, Shehan Semasinghe and Prof. Channa Jayasumana and other violent incidents have been produced before the court today. MORE..
- Two nominees for Deputy Speaker positionon May 15, 2022 at 11:21 am
The Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) has decided to nominate MP Rohini Kumari Wijerathna for the post of Deputy Speaker of Parliament. MORE..
- Fuel distribution suspended todayon May 15, 2022 at 11:04 am
The Ceylon Petroleum Private Tanker Owners Association has appealed to the general public to refrain from standing in queues today (May 15). MORE..
- No power cuts imposed on Monday – PUCSLon May 15, 2022 at 10:31 am
The Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) says power interruptions will not be imposed tomorrow (May 16), in view of the day following Vesak Full Moon Poya. MORE..